The country’s Defense Ministry said on December 28 that six members of “an illegal Armenian armed group” attacked an Azerbaijani military unit in the village of Agdam in the Khojavend district the previous day, adding that all of the attackers were killed.

The ministry vowed to take “decisive measures” if similar attacks were carried out.

Officials in both Yerevan and ethnic Armenian de facto authorities in Nagorno-Karabakh have yet to comment on the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry’s statement.

The Armenian Defense Ministry earlier denied media reports of fighting in the Hadrut region and said ethnic Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh were “strictly” observing last month’s cease-fire that brought an end to six weeks of fighting over the region.

The Moscow-brokered truce took effect on November 10, placing a chunk of Nagorno-Karabakh and all seven districts around it — including Khojavend — under Azerbaijani administration after almost 30 years of control by Armenians.

The ministry vowed to take “decisive measures” if similar attacks were carried out.

Officials in both Yerevan and ethnic Armenian de facto authorities in Nagorno-Karabakh have yet to comment on the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry’s statement.

The Armenian Defense Ministry earlier denied media reports of fighting in the Hadrut region and said ethnic Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh were “strictly” observing last month’s cease-fire that brought an end to six weeks of fighting over the region.

The Moscow-brokered truce took effect on November 10, placing a chunk of Nagorno-Karabakh and all seven districts around it — including Khojavend — under Azerbaijani administration after almost 30 years of control by Armenians.

Source – Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty