Russia doesn’t tire of lying
Russian Federation continues to use international negotiation platforms to promote its own vision of ways to resolve the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine. In general, the rhetoric of Russians can be characterized by the 33 US President G. Truman phrase “If you cannot convince them, confuse them,..”
According to them, Ukraine does not adhere to the ceasefire regime and attacks its own citizens, continues the confrontation policy and does not fulfill the Minsk agreements. And this is because of Ukrainian justice authorities, despite of the International Tribunal decision, 24 Ukrainian sailors are held in Russian prisons. Also, the delay in the passage of ships through the Kerch Strait is not an economic blockade of Ukraine, but merely compliance with technical regulations. Finally, the introduction of a simplified procedure for issuing passports in the Donbas is due to humanitarian reasons, as Kiev continues the economic blockade of the region.
Recall NATO Secretary General J. Stoltenberg position on this issue:
- Russia illegally annexed Crimea and militarized it;
- Russia violates the rights and fundamental freedoms of both its citizens and citizens of other sovereign states;
- Russia is guilty for the worsening humanitarian situation in eastern Ukraine;
- The issuance of Russian passports to citizens of Donbas occupied territories is an unacceptable policy;
- Imprisonment of 24 Ukrainian sailors is a violation of the Minsk Agreements and interference in the internal affairs of Ukraine;
- Ukraine will always be the first item on the agenda until its sovereignty and territorial integrity is restored.